News from the Henry James Society
Registration for "The Real Thing: Henry James and the Material World," as well as conference hotel information, should be available the week of 10 March 2014.
• Call for Papers: For over four decades, Fredric Jameson has been one of the major theorists of realism, modernism, post-modernism, and their ideologies. While he has not written directly on Henry James in a sustained way, James’s writing is, nonetheless, threaded throughout Jameson’s work: as example, as critical authority, as historical witness. For an upcoming special issue of the Henry James Review, submissions are invited on all aspects of Jameson & James. Click here for the complete call.
• "The Real Thing: Henry James and the Material World" is the Sixth international conference of the Henry James Society and will be held at the University of Aberdeen, 16-19 July 2014. Panels will likely include James and visual art; James and the senses; illustrating James; James and popular fiction; James and the Pre-Raphaelites; James and architecture; James and the publishing world; printing James, James and the mechanical, James and theatre; James and film. Click here for more details.
• Call for Papers: The Fall 2014 special issue of the Henry James Review invites essays on Jamesian styles of all varieties. Click here for the complete call.
• The program for "Henry James: His Great Wars and Battles" (Toruń, Poland; April 26-28, 2013) is now available.
• Interested in Jamesian London? Click here for a self-guided walking tour of James's favorite city.
If you would like to share any James-related news (a conference, panel, paper, manuscript, or book), please contact us with details (your name; relevant dates, locations, and times; and a brief summary); we'll post it here. Check back soon for updates.