News from the Henry James Society
• Registration for "The Real Thing: Henry James and the Material World" is now open. Information on getting to Aberdeen, conference accommodation, and conference-related events is available on the conference page.
• If you are interested in on-campus accommodation during "The Real Thing: Henry James and the Material World," the University of Aberdeen has 45 rooms available from 15 to 20 July in Crombie Hall on King's College campus. You can book the rooms on the conference's registration site.
• Call for Papers: For over four decades, Fredric Jameson has been one of the major theorists of realism, modernism, post-modernism, and their ideologies. While he has not written directly on Henry James in a sustained way, James’s writing is, nonetheless, threaded throughout Jameson’s work: as example, as critical authority, as historical witness. For an upcoming special issue of the Henry James Review, submissions are invited on all aspects of Jameson & James. Click here for the complete call.
• "The Real Thing: Henry James and the Material World" is the Sixth international conference of the Henry James Society and will be held at the University of Aberdeen, 16-19 July 2014. Panels will likely include James and visual art; James and the senses; illustrating James; James and popular fiction; James and the Pre-Raphaelites; James and architecture; James and the publishing world; printing James, James and the mechanical, James and theatre; James and film. Click here for more details.
• Call for Papers: The Fall 2014 special issue of the Henry James Review invites essays on Jamesian styles of all varieties. Click here for the complete call.
• The program for "Henry James: His Great Wars and Battles" (Toruń, Poland; April 26-28, 2013) is now available.
• Interested in Jamesian London? Click here for a self-guided walking tour of James's favorite city.
If you would like to share any James-related news (a conference, panel, paper, manuscript, or book), please contact us with details (your name; relevant dates, locations, and times; and a brief summary); we'll post it here. Check back soon for updates.